What is Virtual Colonoscopy?
|Virtual colonoscopy is a minimally invasive, safe and
more comfortable procedure for colon cancer screening. Recent studies have
shown it to be comparable to conventional colonoscopy. With virtual colonoscopy, 100% of the colon
surface can be seen. It is estimated that physicians only see 70%-80%
of the colon surface with conventional colonoscopy.
- Two quick CT scans of the abdomen and pelvic area
- A minimally-invasive procedure
- Hardly any risk of perforating the colon
- The exam takes less than 15 minutes
- No patient sedation
- A less expensive, more efficient examination